The deployment of pluggable coherent optical modules is enabling service providers to re-architect their DCI and metro optical networks. These modules can be plugged directly into switches and routers removing the need for dedicated optical systems, expanding the ecosystem of suppliers, and opening the door to IPoDWDM with the use of open line systems. The combination of 400ZR modules for applications up to 120km and ZR+ modules for longer reach applications has been enabled by the latest DSP and optical solutions.
This session will discuss the roll out of pluggable coherent optical modules across DCI and metro networks covering the opportunities, challenges and the latest developments.
- The pluggable coherent landscape.
- 400ZR reality check. Where are we now?
- ZR+: What’s needed to deliver pluggable performance, reach
- Open optical networking with pluggables. What are the benefits
- Where next for coherent pluggable modules? The road to 800G and beyond.