AI is redefining how we both work and play and it’s one of the main drivers behind the deployment of new, faster data communication rates (i.e., 800G and soon 1.6 TB). To support this migration, backbone networks are moving to new, more efficient technologies that allow them to increase bandwidth while reducing power consumption. At the same time, data centers are re-evaluating their power usage as they strive to improve their cost-per-bit ratio and carbon footprint.
Topics will include:
– the importance of the move to 800G and the need to ensure interoperability during this migration,
– the latest technologies at play in data center environments, including linear-drive pluggable optics (LPO) and an optimized
– version called Linear-Receive Pluggable Optics (LRO) from Credo,
– the latest high-speed pluggables that enable the transition to higher bit rates as client rates move from 400G to 800G,
– the requirement for automated, upgradeable, easy-to-use test solutions that are both OPEX and CAPEX friendly.