Edge computing is becoming a critical part of the virtualized infrastructure for wireless and wireline communications, however it is not clear yet what software and hardware platforms will be most important for network operators and solution providers. Edge computing platforms will cover a wide range of server performance and may need to support extended temperature operation and harsh environments. In this webinar, we focus on providing a deeper understanding of network operator’s requirements for edge computing and the software and hardware solutions that can best meet their needs. The webinar will draw on the results of an exclusive survey conducted by Heavy Reading during August and September 2019.
Key topics include:
- Where and when is edge computing being implemented.
- Services that will be supported using edge computing.
- The importance of 5G, MEC and vRAN
- What features are required in edge compute platforms
- How infrastructure will be managed at the edge