Open RAN promises significant opportunities for carriers and enterprises to deliver 5G services without being tied to legacy equipment and a single supplier. Open RAN and vRAN deployments are starting and are already capable of matching integrated RAN in simpler, lower-end deployments. The current challenge is delivering the benefits of Open RAN in high-end deployment scenarios, with large operating bandwidths and advanced antenna processing.
This webinar presents the key findings from the Heavy Reading Open RAN Platforms and Architectures Service Provider Survey. Heavy Reading’s Analyst at Large, Simon Stanley will lead a panel to discuss and analyse the results of the December 2022 survey, with guest speakers from AMD, Intel and Kontron contributing expert insight and opinion.
Among the topics to be discussed include:
- When will the Open RAN and vRAN ecosystem be ready for mass deployment?
- The highest priorities for service provider Open RAN and vRAN deployments
- vRAN / Open RAN architecture and edge cloud integration
- Open RAN / vRAN baseband implementation options
- Key considerations when deploying Open RAN